HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
As this is the time for making New Year Resolutions I have been contemplating what mine should be for 2009. I've finally decided. I'm going to make a concerted effort to Go Green! (For the older generation of readers, no I am not dying my hair green! Although I must say I think I looked great with blue hair. Just keep reading and you'll get it.)
For the last couple months I've been reading through National Geographics 'Green Guide' Magazine (I totally recommend it by the way) and thinking about the health of my family and world. To start I am trying to change as much of my kitchen plastics to glass, especially the stuff my kids eat on, and what gets heated in the microwave. When I was little I remember thinking my mom was so old school for using the glass canning jars as food storage in the fridge. Little did we know she was way ahead of us:) I try to bring my own reusable bags to the grocery store (need to work on that one) so I am not using more and more plastic bags. That's a very European thing to do anyways.
As part of my resolution I am going to share some of what I learn with others. Mainly YOU because I can put it in one place (the blog) and you choose whether or not to read it:) So here goes!
Check out this link:
http://www.idealbite.com/dailytip/signup-optin.php?utm_source=SAS&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term=paid&utm_campaign=SAS
It is a site called Ideal Bite. If you subscribe they will send a short "green" tip to your email every day. They have samples of the tips so you can see if it's of interest to you before you subscribe.
Here's to the beautiful world we've been given and a better one for our children!
Natalie
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so right on. I'm trying to be more green also. I carry the reusable bags in the back of my truck and hopefully one day will remember to take them into the store.
The plastic removal is a great idea. Didn't think of that. I'll go on the website you recommended and do what I can.
Hope you had a happy holiday. Love and miss you
Auntie P
I too have the reusable grocery bags and have had them for 6 months. I have yet to remember to take them to the grocery store. Baby steps, baby steps.
Love Jae
Post a Comment