Today was one of those days that remind me I don't have a clue what to do with a boy. I was raised with sisters and all of my cousins are girls except for one (hi Matt!). So my son Jackson has been an interesting introduction to boys.
This morning I went to put on my glasses and couldn't find them. It is very difficult to look for your glasses when you need glasses to see!!! I had a sneaky suspicion that Jackson took them while I was in the shower. I spent quite a while looking for them and asking him where they were. When I first saw they were gone, I yelled for Jack and said, "Where are my glasses?" From upstairs I heard him say, "Uh oh." Finally I found them in the middle of his sisters bedroom floor. He is lucky I didn't step on them while looking for them. He KNOWS he is not supposed to take them!
Late this afternoon we went to an animal park with some neighbors. You can get really close to the deer and feed them corn out of you hand. Well, you can if Jackson is not screaming and yelling and scaring them all off. One of these days I am afraid the deer, mind you they have a full set of antlers, are going to charge him!
After the tierpark we went out for pizza. I took the kids into the bathroom to wash the deer spit off their hands. Jackson threw his paper towel into the toilet. I said, "No! It doesn't go in there. Ahhh!" He promptly stuck his hand in the toilet and pulled it out. "No! Don't pull it out! Ahhh!" Okay, we washed our hands again!
Then, before we left the resturant, Ilana needed to go to the bathroom. I took both kids with me. I set Jack down while I helped Ilana. As I turned around I saw my precious little boy licking the urinal! Ilana and I both shouted, "No!!!!" Jackson looked at us as if to say, "What?"
Now I can remember a time when Ilana licked a door. But come on, a urinal? Gross! If Jackson doesn't die in the next couple years from licking disease ridden surfaces, getting trampled by wild animals or throttled by his mom, it will definitely be cause for celebration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The 'urinal' licking had me in histerics! I never did anything quite like that, but believe me from my own childhood and my nephews there is much more to come! Still they say a chopping board has more germs than a toilet seat, maybe it is the same with urinals! Love it!
So neither of my kids have licked a urinal yet, but I've sooo been there with the toilet thing! Aaah! It's a relief to know other people have those days too!
That is way too funny...I can only wait to hear more stories over the next few years!
That is too funny...I look forward to the next few years, I can only imagine the stories to come.
Post a Comment