Monday was Jackson's first day of German Kindergarten. He seemed really comfortable going in. Ilana went there last year so he knows the place and people well. He walked in with his backpack and got his new house shoes on. He is really into Curious George so we got him a pair with monkey's on them. He gets excited and does the monkey sounds every time we put them on.
He got really involved with some toys so Ilana and I started to leave. We got to the front door before he realized we were leaving. He ran after us and was intercepted by a teacher. When we came to pick him up he gave Ilana a huge hug and was very happy to see us.
I asked how he did and his teacher said okay. He got a little tired near the end. I also think she realized he is WAY different from his very sweet sister:) He has some rough and tumble in him.
His teacher said, "He kept running with a knife."
"A knife!!" I exclaimed!
"No, no." She said. "A play kitchen knife! He was running with it and I told him he would hurt himself and couldn't run with it."
Whew. So I guess he cried a little when they took it away or when another kid tried to take stuff from him. He has been prone to cry and throw fits at the least provocation since Jason left. He is getting better though. Poor little guy doesn't quite know what is going on. He also has some separation anxiety which is SO not Jackson. Over the summer we left him in the Child Care place at Garmisch several times and he went in without a backward glance. Then when we picked him up he would cry and cry and kick us and cry because he didn't want to leave. Anyways, he did better his second day and is getting used to the rules.
His teacher said he used a few German words with her. That surprised her a lot.
He also got a "gold medal" for his first day at school. In German it says something about "for his courage and sacrifice". It is way cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment