Thursday, April 11, 2013

Beatin' Down on your Big Brother

So lately, Greyson (who will be 2 yrs old in two weeks) has been beatin' down on Liam, aka mac truck cuz he looks like one (3 1/2 yrs old).  Every time Liam gets out of the car he passes Greyson.  Greyson is strapped into his carseat still and his motion is fairly limited.  Greyson still manages to do one of the following:

A)  Kick Liam relentlessly which delays Liam's disembarkation so Grey can kick him a little more.

Or,

B)  Grey manages to get both fists ensnarled into Liam's hair so tightly he is unable to do anything except stand hunched over and CRY hysterically.

So far I have not been witness to the presence of both kicking and hair pulling at the same time, but I wouldn't put it past him.

I am quite sure the crying hysterically is positively reinforcing Greyson's behavior to continue to develop into a bad ass bully.

This behavior is beginning to spread from the car to the home environment.  Twice, yes TWICE,  today I heard Liam crying uproariously.  Now, it's not surprising to hear Liam cry many, many, (sigh)...many times in one day.  (He is going through a very big "cry" phase right now.)  But this crying had a much more desperate ring to it and got me to actually run to discover the source.  (Usually I just yell across the house for Liam to stop crying because he is probably the cause of his own cry.)

As I rounded the corner I saw Liam lying on the hallway floor crying while Greyson leaned over and had both hands gripped in his brother's hair.  I separated the two and not a minute later came upon the same scene again.  This time I told Liam to get up off the floor or his brother was going to continue to pull his hair.

Jason thinks Liam is showing great restraint by not fighting back.  I think Liam hasn't figured out he's bigger then Greyson.  Seriously, he better figure it out soon cuz in a few more months, that might not be true.

Ilana used to do the same thing.  Jack would beat up on her and we'd constantly remind her she was bigger than him and should just push him down.  Yeah, I know, parenting at it's best.  You should be taking notes.

No comments: