Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Loser

Ok, I messed up. I kept thinking Jack's birthday would be on Thursday. Didn't realize until last night that it was Wednesday. So on Thursday I have it planned to make cupcakes for his german kindergarten and a pinata. He is so excited but quite unhappy and confused that we aren't doing all that today and have to wait for tomorrow. Come on mom, is my birthday today or not!

Saturday we are having a big Megaplay party with friends. That is just adding to the confusion of whether or not it's his birthday today.

So I gave him a choice. He can go to school and play while I go grocery shopping or he can come with me and choose out his cake stuff and candy for the pinata. He really didn't want to go to school today unless we were doing the party so he is going shopping with me. After giving him the choice of picking out the candy etc he exclaimed:

"Yeah yeah yeah! I knew you weren't a loser Mom!" (Thanks for the vote of confidence).

Then, as he climbed off my lap, he said, "Your my BIG mama."

Wow, not one but two set downs in a matter of moments. Both said with such love and caring in his voice. How does he do it. :)

Really though, the "BIG" comment probably was less about my weight and more in response to my calling him a "big boy". He is going to need to learn someday about the talent women have for taking things in the worst possible light and then twisting it to be even worse.

Happy Birthday Jackson. My big 5 year old boy!

No comments: