Thursday, February 04, 2010

Excellant Taste



Jason and I have been buying some German furniture over the last two years. Before we got here all our furniture was Ikea. As much as I loved it, after three moves in one year, the stuff was shot. Jason forbid me from buying any more Ikea junk. Thus we started buying real wood sturdy furniture hoping it would hold up better. Some of the things we've gotten we've had refinished or reupholstered. Here are pictures of some of the things we've bought. Above is a desk we just bought. It is really cool but we need a good open space to put it in.



We've bought 13 chairs to go with our round table that has 6 leaves and becomes 17 feet long. I think we can sit about 22 people comfortably but we aren't going to get that many chairs! As it is we are having trouble finding places in the house for all of them when we aren't using them around the table. We chose a series of material that all match but are different patterns so the chairs match but are still really individual.




This chair with the little stripes and leather back is my favorite. There are only two of them and they are old and have a really weak back. So basically no one is allowed to sit in them:) But they are gorgeous!




This picture is blurry but it shows you a little of what these chairs looked like in the before. Two have arms and two don't. The ones without had a red leather. The two with arms had a gold material that was so gross, if you sat on it you would get all dirty. So we covered them in our blue and green striped curtain material until we could get it professionally done. Here is what they look like now.




Jason choose the material for these. I had big reservations about these two materials together. I think they turned out nice though. I thought it was a little weird with the straight lines of the boxes and the curvy lines of the flower material. The lady that did the upholstery loved Jason's choice of material. She told the guy who does the wood work for us that we have "Excellant Taste!" :)

There are four more chairs that are being done right now. They will be our every day chairs around our table. They have lion claw feet, and a lot of carving on the legs. The back support will be just like these but the background of beige is a brown and the seat will be a brown leather so we can wipe it off easily. I'm so excited to get the last of them done. I will post pictures when I have them.

No comments: