Last weekend we went to Garmisch, Germany on a Leadership Marriage Retreat. It was a lot of fun and Ilana finally got to go skiing for the first time. She has been asking to go for months! We set her up with lessons and she really had a good time. We wished we were closer to home though. Jason's Dad Rolly (Grandpa Rolly = Grolly) is great at snow skiing and really good at teaching kids. So we wished that Grolly could have taught her. I think she would have loved that. I guess we'll have to have him take her in California.
Above are pictures of the winter olympic stadium they have in Garmisch. Some guys were practicing their ski jumping. It was really cool to watch them flying through the air. The back end of the jump just hangs in the air unsupported. It's crazy scary looking. I wonder what it is like up on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment