Saturday, March 14, 2009

Part One is over!





It's OVER! Kinda. :) Jason changed out of command of Nemesis Troop this week. It was a nice ceremony and Jason gave a really nice speech. I got to hand the FRG over to the new commander's wife, what a relief, and I got some really pretty roses to boot. :) What does this all mean? I don't have to forward anymore emails!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!

Only problem is... Jason has decided to accept a second command of the Headquarter Troop. So come April 2nd I will be an FRG Leader again for another year. Only this time the FRG will be three times as big. It is a really different troop. Instead of a regular line unit that does training and has young wives it will be a troop full of the Squadron commander and staff. Meaning there will be a lot of Majors and Captains. The wives are older, more independent and experienced. That is good for me. However, the roster (my main responsibility) is 10 times harder to keep straight. Everyone that comes into the squadron will go through our troop. So some wives will come and go very quickly and be really hard to keep track of.

It will be a good experience for Jason and I both but I will have to do emails again! Yuck!!!! Maybe I can con one of the other wives into doing them for me:) Either way I have a couple weeks without anything FRG stuff to do. It's nice to have a little break! At least this time I won't have to deal with a deployment!!

I will send more pictures when Jason changes back into command of Warhorse Troop.

Here are a few random pics. Jason bought this really comfy red chair from Ikea. Only problem is that everyone loves it too. Every time he sits in it everyone else decides to join him.



Jack is sooo ticklish that getting his hair cut is pretty funny.

No comments: