As my flight came into Salt Lake I recognized all sorts of landmarks and nostalgia set in big time. I had this overwhelming feeling of coming "home". It was beautiful and surprising, and after only two days of being there, I was reminded of all the things that thoroughly annoy me about the place and I was ready to leave. :) (No taking offense people! It is a truly wonderful place to live and visit).
However, there is one site of which I will NEVER tire. Temple Square. Sunday morning I woke up an hour early so I could spend some time there before my flight out. Walked in the rain from my hotel to Temple Square. I had the place almost entirely to myself which was so peaceful and quieting to my soul.
As I walked around the Salt Lake Temple I was amazed again and again at how striking this structure is from every angle. It's more and more impressive when you consider who built it (pioneers), when (1800's), and under what conditions (difficult, very difficult).
I love to see the temple. This temple especially. With each picture I took I felt like a master photographer….., with an iPhone in hand. Ha! It's just that incredible a place.
Conference Center Across the street.

Best friend and I at the outdoor mall across the way with the temple in the background.
One of the coolest fountains, looked like little umbrella's of water.







No comments:
Post a Comment