A few weeks ago I flew to Salt Lake to hang with my best friend for the weekend. She was in a film called Black Blood that was entered into the film festival at the Comicon. And it won! Trailer HERE. Super fun to see her in her actress/press capacity.
There were some really cool costumes. Far more elaborate then I've seen at other Comicons. Yeah, ok. I've only been to two others:) Not exactly an authority on the subject.Funniest story ever. I saw this guy and had to have a picture. My kids love Loki (Thor's adoptive brother for all you non-geeks out there). They don't just like Loki they LOVE Loki. Very sympathetic character in the movies. Anyhow, I got a picture planning to show it to my kids when I got home. A week or two goes by and I forgot to show the kids. Then one day, Liam was looking through the photos on my phone. He loves to see pics of himself and his siblings. He came running into my room and said, "WHERE was this and WHY didn't you take ME!?!" Hahaha. It was so cute and I was properly chastised for going to a comicon without him. Guess I'll think twice before doing that again.
I love the steam punk style and look. So fun. These guys were running a booth for Cricket scrapbook machine to show how it can be used in a lot of ways you would never guess. They used the cricket to cut out some cogs to spray paint the image on the bald guys head. Yep, that's different. Never thought to use a cricket for that! :) They also used it for making parts of their costumes. Cool.
Some of you read my facebook page about this. Some LDS friends suggested I read a few books from the author Brandon Mull. My first thought was, "Huh, never heard of him." Turns out he was our Home Teacher when we lived in Provo. Ha! When they asked the normal, "Can we do anything for you?" question we replied, "It's Tuesday trash day! You can take our trash out for us!" As three girls in an apartment, we hated taking the trash out. Brandon, or his companion, would come by most Tuesdays to grab our trash. It was AWESOME! It was fun to see him again.
My favorite Dr Who.
When I rounded a corner I bumped into this guy and did a total double take! I said, "Oh wow! You really look like him. Wait, you aren't him right?" He laughed and said, "No."
Had to get the kids something. Little boy belts it is. Choices choices.
Good mix of comics and shopping. Pretty fun.








No comments:
Post a Comment