Tuesday, October 04, 2011

As Awkward As The Rest...

One of my favorite websites to visit is Awkward Family Photo.  Think about all the fantastic vacation and Christmas card photos that you see on your friend's facebook pages... Awkward Family Photo is where their evil twins get sent.  Anyways, I realized that we've had our fair share of awkwardness, so I thought I'd share some of my personal favorites through the years.

"Tree Kicker" - we were doing an impromptu photo shoot at the local park with the girls and the tree we had Abbie posing with scraped her up a bit.  This is her crying to Kayla about how awful the stupid tree is.

"Family Resemblance" - my mom got this water pitcher as a Christmas gift from my Dad.  It was actually a very sweet gift as she remembered her Grandmother having one exactly like it and my Dad had to track it down in an antique store.  My sister-in-law happened to be sitting next to her when she opened it and imitated the face, which looked EXACTLY like it.

"Cavity Search" - This is the year that Cheri and Mikale decided it was time to learn how to cook a Christmas turkey.  They have yet to cook one since.

"Face Full of Fur" - Yet another photo shoot with Abbie.  This is pretty much her on a daily basis.  She loves holding the dog like a baby and he, in return, wants nothing to do with her.

"Rasta Papa" - Lastly, this is Dad and Joan waiting for our return flight from a vacation in Mexico.  Why Dad thought a Jamaican hat with fake dreadlocks was a good souvenir from a trip to Mexico, who knows.

Embrace the Awkwardness!  That's when real life happens.  :)

-Kristy

1 comment:

Natalie Cannon said...

So glad I'm not in any of these:) I guess it is good since I, unlike Cheri, know how to blog here and could get you back:)