Case in point, two days ago he put black church socks on his hands, feet and one in the back of his waist band as a tail. He then told me he was a platapus and ran around the house yelling, "Platapus Power!" He then spent quite a bit of time telling me why platapus are "cool" and "awesome". The next morning I asked if he was going to be a platapus again and he said, "No, I'm going to be a walrus." Then later that day he was big on the platapus thing again.
At first I thought he was getting it from a cartoon called "Phineas and Ferb". They have a pet platapus called Parry that is really a government agent type superhero. (Seriously, who comes up with childrens' programing now days). He said it wasn't from that and later in the day I saw him watching a cartoon on the pbskids website. It was a earth friendly cartoon and there was a hurt platapus on it that the kids were caring for. Very cute.
I reassured him that 6 year olds can still have good imaginations and pretend to be different animals. He was happier after that and decided to go to school and tell all his friends he was 6 today. I am glad he will still pretend to be animals. One of my favorites was when he decided to be a Ninja Turtle Puppy Penguin. However, 'Platapus Power' might just take the cake.
Happy Birthday Jackson Luke Cannon! Your mommy sure loves the way you make her laugh.
The other day Daddy and Jack were playing around. Jason used a blanket to "strap" Jack to his front or back. They became the "SonDad" monster. Jackson cracked up and thought it was so much fun.
Last month when Grandma Barbara was here helping us, she had her sewing machine out on the table. One morning we found a little present Jackson left for her. :) It was pretty cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment