The past couple of weeks have been a little rough around here. I've had to do some bed rest the last two weeks for dumb pregnancy issues. Luckily I have an amazing mom that came out and took over everything for me while Jason has been in the field. The kids have adored having grandma at their beck and call. She takes them to the park everyday, sometimes more than once a day. She does piggy back rides down the stairs for Liam ( a necessity because he is so heavy, that boy likes to eat). She makes them their favorite meals. Wow. They were loving it until yesterday.
Yesterday, Grandpa and Aunt Joan came to pick her up for a little road trip. At first, Liam was super excited to see them both. He has a special relationship with Aunt Joan. If she is in the room the rest of us might as well disappear. He enjoyed dancing with them and showing off a new toy. After about an hour it was time for them to go. Liam was super tired and needed his nap desperately but I kept him up to see them off. I have always felt that when my kids are little they are better off seeing company get in the car and drive off. That way they don't wake up from a nap and wonder where everyone went.
So we walked them all out to the van and as Liam was getting lots of hugs and kisses and waving bye bye he began to get upset. As we leaned into the van to give aunt Joan one more hug, he promptly transfered himself to her lap and happily settled in for the ride. Then he decisively waved good-bye to me. :)
As the mean mom ripped him from the presence of his beloved entourage, big fat tears ran down his face. He couldn't believe Grandma would leave him behind.
This morning he woke up and I got him out of the crib. I set him down and he immediately ran to the hallway and looked back and forth down the hallway. I put my hands out to him and he ran away, into the kids room (where Grandma had been staying). Again, I put my hands out to him and he wouldn't come to me. I said, "Ah, are you looking for Grandma?" He nodded his head up and down and melted my heart. Hurry back Grandma.
Jackson and Grandma have a funny relationship. Jack has a way of explaining things Grandma does in a manner that makes her look like a terrible ogre. Here are a few examples from the last two weeks.
"Grandma pushed me down the stairs!" Explanation: Jack was holding Grandma's hand as he was on the stairs. He was pulling away from her and she knew he would fall if she let go but he wouldn't listen. He takes a little stumble and blames it on Grandma.
"Grandma dropped me on the floor." Explanation: Grandma and Jack are wrestling a little and Grandma slowly lowers him to the floor. Jack acts like he's really hurt and blames Grandma for dropping him.
"Grandma kicked me." Explanation: Jack is walking behind Grandma on their way back from the park. He keeps stepping on the back of her shoes and giving her a "flat tire". She asks him to stop and when he doesn't she puts her foot up behind her to get a little space between them. Unfortunately her foot catches him in the groin area and he immediately falls over to the side on the grass. He yells, "Grandma! You don't kick boys there!"
Yesterday he asked me about 5 times to take him to the park. I tried to explain that I can't while I am still healing. Even with all the "abuse" he takes from Grandma, he still wants her back. This morning while eating his cereal he told me he was worried that Grandma would get a flat tire on her trip when they were far away from a gas station. We decided to say a prayer for her. I'm sure they will have a safe trip.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you sure that Jack is telling HIS version? I was the little sister for all my life and well...she used to take me to the park, and LEAVE me there. She would ride her bike to high school, see me, wave and FALL OFF HER BIKE IN FRONT OF EVERYONE! She even convinced one of her boyfriends that I was retarded...or was that me that acted that way? Jack and I will have to trade experiences...HEEHEE just kidding. Love you Barb from your favorite sister.
Post a Comment