I've been terrible at posting lately. I do have a bunch of pictures I need to add and will do so soon. Jackson cracked me up this morning though so I thought I would post. It is always a little bit of a struggle to get him dressed in the morning. Especially since I am trying to get him to put the clothes on himself.
So today, I tried to tell him that I would put his clothes on me cuz I thought they would fit. I started with his Kung Fu Panda underwear. He laughed and grabbed them from me.
He said, "They won't fit you!"
I replied, "Why?"
He responded, "Because, because.... you are....(his hands are in the air at this point trying to figure out how to size me up)...your BUTT is BIG!"
Ah youth, and their ability to tell it like it is:)
Jackson is also WAY into playing pretend. He is usually a puppy or baby jaguar and I have to be Diego. He has recently discovered Ninja Turtles though which bring back tons of memories of Cheri and her Ninja Turtle phase. Of course, I think Cheri was in High School or something. LOL! At least Jack is at a more appropriate age:) However, he may become a mad scientist as he is beginning to mix his pretend animals into weird combinations. A couple days ago he kept telling me that he was a Ninja Turtle Puppy Penguin. Wow.
Ilana turned 7 yesterday! How did she get so old? She had a great day. She is in summer school and I surprised her with cupcakes in the classroom. Then when Dad got home we went to her favorite restuarante and she was allowed to get a whole Bison steak all by herself. Yes, its the most expensive thing on the menu. Around 30 bucks. Then Dad helped her ride her bike on the path there in Pottenstein. When we got home we had a piece of cake and mom read her a couple stories before bed. A pretty good birthday and at the end of it all, we hadn't even opened any presents! (After my parents and neice get here this weekend we will have a family party but I was still surprised she never once asked where her presents were).
Baby Liam is still two weeks from his due date (Aug. 1st) and he is still breech. We went into the midwife last weekend to try and turn him with acupunture and stuff. Before she even looked at me she said that if he is too deep there was nothing she could do. After an hour of trying to annoy him into turning.... he is way too deep. He's settled his little butt down and isn't interested in moving one bit. She said he has plenty of room to move around, he just doesn't want to. Sometimes the umbilical cord is too short etc and makes it so they can't or don't want to move. She told me that she really has no hope that he is going to turn before my due date. So we are planning on going with a c-section. Next Monday is my DR's appointment and we will probably schedule the day for it then. Apparently they do a lot of regular births here when the baby is breech but the idea of that kinda freaks me out and I would rather go with a c-section. I was a breech baby and made my mom go through a c-section so really.... serves me right!
That is it for now. I will post some pictures soon.
Natalie
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like life at the Canon home is hopping. Happy Birthday Ilana...just a little late. How come little kids like to tell us that we have big butts? Their day will come.
Anxiously waiting to see Liam, as I'm sure you are to. Congrats
Love Auntie P
Post a Comment