Wednesday, April 01, 2009

For All My Fools

Before the kids left for school this morning I wanted to give them a head's up that it was April Fool's Day so they wouldn't be TOO gullible. Here's my conversation with them as they were walking out the door:

Me - you've got your frogs for today, right?
Them - (blank looks)
Dylan - what frogs?
Me - it says on that paper from school that today is the day you take your frogs.
Them - (more blank looks)
Me - I'm kidding. April Fools!

Kayla rolled her eyes, Dylan flung his sweater at me, Matt looked less anxious. They headed out for school. As I was walking down the hall with Abbie, here is the conversation I had with her:

Me - are you going to go get your frog Abbie?
Abbie - (bewildered) do I HAVE a frog?
Me - I'm just kidding. Today is April Fool's which means I get to fool you a lot today.
Abbie - oh. (10 second pause) Mommy, can I have a frog?
Me - (start laughing, thinking about what I've started)
Abbie - I'm just kidding!!

She is so funny! Consider me fooled!

-Kristy

No comments: