Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th, Facebook, and Lots of Love

Today Abbie had a play date with a 4-yr.-old. They've had several play dates with each other back and forth all because Abbie walked up to her mom and said "what's your name?" like she does with EVERYONE (hello Kevin the sporting goods employee, nice to meet you Cathy the grocery store check-out lady... you get the picture). Apparently the 4-yr.-old doesn't like it when Abbie sticks her face right up to hers because today I overheard her saying "don't get in my grill!". So funny. I'm glad I'm so up on the current slang, I just didn't think I'd need it to keep up with what the toddlers are saying.

I joined facebook a couple of weeks ago since my family decided to all get on. I felt very impressed with myself for having 176 friends and family. I felt so popular. Then I saw that one of the teenagers I know from church has 676 friends. Then I felt old.

Hope you're all having a mishap-free Friday the 13th and you all feel very loved for Valentine's Day tomorrow. We love you. So there's that.

A quick little note to Jason and Natalie who are apparently spending this Valentine's Day in France - uh, yeah... WHATEVER! I, however, get to spend this romantic holiday with the entire family indoors avoiding the rain, cleaning the house and trying to find things to keep them entertained. But I'm not jealous... or bitter... but you are dead to me now.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Hey Kristy - I spent Valentine's night driving a bunch of teenagers to a church dance and shopping at Vons - ALONE - my romantic dinner was a bag of salt and vinegar chips! Ain't life grand! - Lynnie oxoxo