Jason got home from Iraq Yesterday. The kids and I met him at the airport and we are all beyond ecstatic to have our little family whole again! The kids have malled him to death but he has loved every minute. Jackson has by far been the funniest though.
Early yesterday evening Jason went to take a nap. (Traveling for two days with a cold will do that to you). Jackson figured out where he had gone and went up to lay around with him. I heard Jackson and went upstairs. In trying to coerce Jack out of the room, and let Dad take a nap, Ilana offered Jack chocolate downstairs (without permission I might add). Seeing the wisdom in this strategy I backed her up. Jackson stayed put saying, "Daddy!" This, from the kids that randomly shouts "cookie" and "chocolate" in hopes some will appear.
He laid down with Jason and said he was going to take a nap too. So I decided to see how long that would last. Jason said to close the door and come back in two minutes. The moment the door closed I heard Jackson shout, "Daddy, wake up!" ;) We then sang Daddy a lullaby of Jingle Bells (his favorite at the moment, Jack's- not Jason's). At which point the mean Mom forcibly removed Jackson from the room amid much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Later I put Jackson to bed amid tears and cries of, "DADDY". When I offered to let him sleep in the car bed (Ilana's room) or the crib upstairs he settled on "Daddy's bed." Unfortunately for the boy, mom is not willing to share.
An hour after putting him to bed I thought he was asleep (in the crib as there was no way I'd get him to stay put in the toddler bed). As I turned on the hall light he must have seen it and began a new chorus of, "Daddy. Where are you?"
We did find one benefit to the obsession of all things Daddy. Jack ate raw carrots and peanut butter as a snack last night (usually he only eats the peanut butter). Mom has failed repeatedly at this task for many weeks. Hmm. Just maybe Mom will happily turn the task of potty training over to Daddy as well!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is too funny. I can just hear Jack saying...Daddy, where ARRREE you? Jason, I hope you are loving being at home!
Welcome home Jason! What a great post.
Glad to hear that Jason is back with you all again and that you are all having fun together - I am sure that even interrupted sleep @ home is better than interrupted sleep in Iraq!
Post a Comment