Monday, October 29, 2007

Meet the Parents...

So, we've had the kids officially at the house for 2 weeks and 3 days now, but who's counting, right?  I'm sorry to say that the blog may now officially turn into the 'my kids are so cute because they...' type of arena.  Hey, whatever... I've waited a long time for this, let me relish in the moment.  :)

Okay, so in church, Dylan (the 8-yr.-old) gets great joy out of tracking just how much longer the meeting has to go by asking Shaun what time it is.  Matthew (the 5-yr.-old) finally responded with "it's one million thirty!" just to be done with it.  Matt also prayed the other night to "bless us so we won't punch".  Oh sure, now what am I supposed to do with all my free time?

Shaun took the kids to a local farm that had tractor rides and somewhat of a tiny fair as a weekend activity.  Shaun found it highly amusing that someone at the farm thought that it would be a good idea to give the children sugar-flavored water in the form of shaved ice in a flower-shaped holder, as seen here being held by Matt.  "Here you are precious child, try not to hurt the nice bees that pollinate our fields, they just want a little drink from your sugared flower... now RUN!"

There's plenty more pictures, but for some reason they're not wanting to load right now.  Sorry.

It took us about two weeks to find our stride with schedules and everything.  School schedules, and family visiting, and making the rounds of them trying different activities with their new friends, and Halloween parties has kept us all extremely busy.  They're already tiring of Halloween candy, and it's not even past yet!  They've tried out the Kids Cooking Academy, met the Taekwondo teacher, tried the soccer clinic, have started Achievement Days & Cub Scouts, and are enrolled in Tennis.  It makes me tired just thinking about it.  Add to that a 20 minute minimum drive everywhere since we're in the parent's condo on the west end of the valley, and everything they're attending is on the east end of the valley so that they can keep their friends when we move into the (currently non-existent) home.  Thank heavens for nap time, for the kids too!  :)

I'm excited to know that I'm still good at 5th grade Math.  I can also hardly wait to pass on the legacy of my knot tying skills with Dylan in Cub Scouts.  I can't remember the names of any of them, but I was the best at doing them at Girl's Camp.  I'm thinking Matt & Abbie should watch out for a couple of days after that lesson.

I promise more pictures when it starts working correctly.  Love you all!

-Kristy

No comments: