Friday, August 24, 2007

The Gorge, Garmisch (German Alps)






For the second half of our leave we went back to Garmisch and went kayaking down a river for the first time. That was fun but a little scary as well. There were 4 students and the instructor. Four guys and me. I was the only one that didn't tip over (that includes our instructor). Our instructor was a really nice and funny guy. After telling us not to wear sunglasses cuz they fall off when you go under, he promptly tipped over by accident and lost his sunglasses on the bottom of the lake we were learning on! ;-) No joke. I think he did find them in the end. Talk about practicing what you preach.

We had a lot of fun. Water sports are definitely NOT my thing so it was big (okay, massive) for me to do this AND like it. Jason tipped on the river and hurt his shoulder and smashed his finger. As of a week ago his shoulder was still sore but he said he has no regrets! I'm sure we will do it again.

We also went on a hike through the Gorge. It is awesome! They’ve hollowed out a tunnel that goes right along the river so you can see this incredible sight. The water is this unbelievable teal blue green I've never seen before. I'm trying to make you all want to come visit me. Are the pictures working? ;-)

1 comment:

Coop said...

Love the photos of the river, especially the last one with the water coming down from above.