The following weekend was when we flew up to Utah for the funeral. The viewing was attended by so many friends and family members. She was such a beloved woman. The service was beautiful and the memories recounted were wonderful. We were able to spend extra time with his cousin Chris which was a real treat and got to meet up with his step-brother Joseph for dinner and the service the next day. The days were crisp and clear and after the service we drove to Manti for the graveside service. Shaun and I have always loved Manti, and it holds lots of family history for both of us. Shaun was a pallbearer along with his cousins.
Ann was such a lovely lady. She always kept up to date on what we were doing and when our birthdays were. When the Shaun's mom passed away she came down and helped Scott sort through the house. When the house fire happened she was all ready to come visit and to help with whatever we needed. She loved having us visit for Education Week and never minded if we brought friends and even seemed to enjoy having little kids visiting too. Even though she passed away before Shaun's birthday, she and Kay had a birthday card all ready for him this year. We stayed at her condo for the funeral and when we came back up for the MTC and I kept expecting her to walk in the door any minute and laugh at Shaun for buying two boxes of Creamies when he knew he wouldn't be able to finish them. She'll be sorely missed.
Okay, that's enough crying for me... at least until I watch Extreme Home Makeover again... that gets me every time.
Mom & Dad flew out for England this last Monday, and we haven't heard a peep from them since. I'm assuming that no news is good news and that they're still settling in and getting their DSL set-up. Thank heavens for Skype! I can see them AND it's free!? Awesome.
Well, it's after midnight here so I should probably sign off but I wanted to get the pictures up now that our internet is working.
Love you all!
-Kristy
No comments:
Post a Comment