When we got there we parked by the valet/backstage area because that's where her special handicapped parking pass put us. As we were getting out of the car Val Kilmer and a girl on each arm walked right next to us. He's bigger than I expected but really good looking. Then we started going down the little ramp and we passed Roseanne Arquette chatting with her group. Then we got seated (a stone's throw from the left side of the stage) and Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy sauntered past with their bodyguard and sat one row in front of us and more in the middle. She's prettier in person, but he looks EXACTLY like he does in his movies. Throughout the entire show I kept glancing over to see what he was doing now... how 'bout now... now?! :)
After the show one of our friends had to stop by the grocery store before heading home, so we stopped in at her local Ralphs (at 1am). Shaun went with her into the store and Cherie and I waited in the car for her. We were chatting when Cherie suddenly said "huh, Fabio just went in". What?! Yep! It WAS Fabio, unbuttoned shirt and all. I called Shaun in the store to put him on FabioWatch. He got right behind them in the check-out line, so Joanne said "are you Fabio?". "Yes, I am" (add deep foriegn accent). Shaun said, "I've got a camera, do you mind if we take your picture?", so he posed with Joanne.
Shaun and Joanne came out of the store totally excited and laughing from their Fabio encounter, and then he walked out of the store behind him, so I waved and said 'hi'. He waved back and said "You have a nice evening!". He couldn't have been nicer! Here's the pic of Joanne and Fabio:

Living in L.A. you get pretty used to seeing celebrities, especially since Shaun gets to put mics on them on a monthly basis, but so many all in one night, with a Fabio encounter when you least expect it?! That was awesome! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment