Sunday, May 14, 2006

I inherited it from my Mother

Tuesday a friend started labor with her first baby. The baby arrived Friday. Uh huh... three days people! I think it made me reflect on motherhood a little more today. While listening to the different talks on motherhood and the struggles and joys thereof I learned some new insights. First off, I didn't realize that Eve was called "mother" before she had even given birth. Women have been given a mothering instinct that extends to others; children, animals, family members, and friends. Second, you still have to stand up and get presented with a flower (or whatever token was chosen) at church anyways, so not having kids doesn't get you out of that either. Kudos to those women brave enough to face child birth, but being maternal towards others is pretty outstanding as well. Happy Mother's Day to all you women that "mother" us - moms, mom-in-laws, aunts, grandmothers, sisters, daughters, nieces, grand-daughters, friends. Enjoy your day.

-Kristy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cute krissy. Happy tee tee day! Nat