Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chillin' and Trains

Liam went grocery shopping with me.  He decided to make himself at home in this aisle, pretty smart choice.  He was really quite pleased with himself.
Looking My Worst. Ever. 
Jason watches the tv show The Neighbors. It's about a human family that moves into a neighborhood full of aliens. They spend their time explaining human culture. He had it on the other night and I saw the human mom and alien mom come home from a run. Human mom is sweaty, rats nest hair, frumpy clothes. Alien mom looks like she just stepped out of a salon, perfect make up/ hair, cute track suit.
Alien: tell me again why we went running?
Human: well... To look better.
Alien: but you look terrible. Like the worst I've seen you. Ever!
Every time I go running I come home and laugh when I look in the mirror to see how "terrible" I look. I've learned two lessons from this show. 1) running will make me look worse, not better. 2) if your running partner looks good at the end, she's an alien.

 The exact moment a little boy discovers Thomas the train!
 So excited.
 Look at the train mom!  Look at the train!  When he stopped dead and stood so still i had to see what caught his attention.  So funny that it was the moment he discovered the world of Thomas.
I found these great kid plates at a local store.  The boy's look like construction sites and the utensils are various bull dozer type trucks.  The plates have ramps etc to help them get the food on their spoon.  Ilana's is a garden with a hoe to push the food onto her spoon.  I made a meal they wouldn't really want to eat (green beans etc) and pulled out these plates for the first time hoping it would help them want to eat it.  Liam exclaimed that it was the best meal ever!  They didn't eat everything but it sure got me closer than they would have gotten to eating it all.  
 Greyson is one jealous little boy.  Anything Liam does, Grey wants to too.  He saw Liam wearing big boy underwear and he HAD to have it.  Daddy put some on over his clothes and this is what I saw when I came home.  So cute.
Greyson discovered the joy of painting on himself.  

 And then he got upset that he had paint on himself.  He immediately demanded that I wash him up.
This is super funny but hard to see.  We were at the park and in little boy style, Liam had to pee and ran off to the tall grass to do his business.  Greyson saw him and wants to do every thing the big boys do.  So he ran off with Liam and is trying to pull his shirt up and shorts down just like his brother.  He couldn't manage it, thank goodness.  







No comments: