Monday, June 27, 2011

Oh Primary!



At church I am the Assistant Primary Chorister. Since we aren't always in Simi on the weekends it is good to have a calling where I don't have to be there every Sunday and can help out whenever we are around. Teaching the kids to sing songs in Primary (ages 3-12) is just about the best church calling ever! So. Much. Fun. Anyways, the Chorister was gone on vacation this month and I got to teach the kids. I pulled out my bag of tricks and this last week I let the kids give me a hair makeover. Whoever was trying their best to sing for me got to take a hair clip and put it where ever they wanted. Everyone sang really well!

I told them I was bored with my hairdo lately and needed something wild and crazy! They thought they could help me out with this. Here are two pictures of the results. The up-do is Sr. (older kids) Primary and the down-do is Jr. Primary. Sr. Primary was just before church let out and I asked the kids if I should keep the clips in my hair after church and walk down the hall with my new style. They said a definite yes and thought that was a great idea.

I got some really funny looks but it was totally worth it to see the kids smiles at my silliness. One of the first people I saw after church was my Dad. He walked down the hall toward me laughing and asked what happened to my hair. My one word answer.... "Primary!" :)

2 comments:

Pauline said...

What a great idea. You know how to make primary fun for the kids and that is the best. Love your hair any old way you wear it.

Love you,

auntie P

Cheney Family said...

:) You are awesome! btw, I really love your outfit too. Great color for you