Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Simi House

Here are some pictures of the town house Jason and I bought this last summer. It is in our home town and so nice to have a place of our own to go to when we see family.

The living room is my favorite place. Peaceful and calm. Mostly the kids toys reside elsewhere. Maybe that's why I find it so peaceful in this room:)

I finally have a fireplace and mantel! For years I have wanted to hang my Christmas stockings on a real fireplace mantel. This last year I tried and realized that if I did, Liam would tug on them and end up getting a big bash on the head from the metal stocking hangers. So we had to tie our stockings to the stairs. Someday I'll get to hang them on the fireplace:)
Our dinning room with my favorite German furniture. The chairs we refurbished and the table that has 6 leaves and pulls out to be 15 feet long. We have to stretch it out into the living room but I'm glad there is space for it. My only complaint is the white, yes white, carpet. Who puts white carpet in a house let alone a dinning room? Seriously people.


The kitchen has so many cupboards half of them are empty. It's so nice! Yes, my kitchen is messy, I decided I would never get it totally clean for a picture. Oh well. :)
The kitchen is attached to a eating nook that we use as a family room. We found this couch at a garage sale for 150 bucks. Love it!
The walls look white but they are actually a very soft green. I desperately want to paint them a darker color so all the pretty white trim in the house will pop but it is way too big a job right now. Every room flows into the others and we'd have to do everything plus two story high walls. I guess I can let the kids dirty up these walls for a while and paint at a future time.

1 comment:

Sunny skies said...

what is that hanging above the sofa? I love it and want it!can I make it?