Kayla was invited to go around with her friend, so as she was leaving for her friend's house I wanted to remind her to make good choices while she was out and said "Remember who you are!". There was a long pause as she held totally still with the door half open. "Superman?" she finally answered questioningly. I was looking for "a child of God", but I guess "Superman" is a close runner-up.
Later on in the evening Kayla and Mikale decided to visit a few more houses and found the neighborhood Haunted House. They called to check in and to let us know they'd be back as soon as they went through it. About 10 minutes later we got a call from Mikale and she said "Oh my gosh! That was so scary! Oh my gosh! Okay... we're gonna do it again and then be home, okay?". So funny.
If I had half a brain I would've taken pictures of them in their outfits. Hey, I'm still new at this okay? That, and my head just wasn't in the game since our beloved dog Patrick passed away the day before, on Friday. We had expected it for the last week since he'd been having trouble standing up and we just hoped we wouldn't have to put him down since that was one of the worst experiences we've ever been through. Thankfully our prayers were answered and he just slipped away while napping in his favorite spot in the sunshine outside by Shaun's office door. Abbie was visiting Grandma's when we discovered him, so she made us take her out to see him later. Talk about heartbreaking to have a little girl randomly bursting into tears throughout the day saying "I miss Patrick!". Me too!! That is the most devoted dog we've ever had... never ran away even if gates were wide open, would follow us throughout the house, was convinced he was a lap dog... just a great "horse" of a dog. You'll be missed Paa-kick!
1 comment:
matt totally looks like a young Luke Skywalker in that pic.
nat
Post a Comment