Sunday, August 23, 2009

She's Taking Applications For Her Fan Club

This morning as I was getting dressed Abbie came in chanting "Ab-bie, Ab-bie", then paused and demanded "Mommy, cheer for me!" Who am I to argue? Later in church she was being cuddly with me off and on. Near the close of the meeting she wanted to be picked up so I held her and she put her sweet head on my shoulder. She nuzzled her face into my neck... and proceeded to give me a zerbert for all to hear. I was immediately very serious about how we don't play like that in Sacrament meeting, but Kayla was getting so red-faced from trying to hold her laughter in that I ended up chuckling too. Here's a picture of us at the Welcome Party for our Japanese Exchange student we had this summer:She was being pouty about something, probably wanting more ice cream. Here's Matt and Abbie when they took Michiko around Matt & Dylan's school to play:
Gotta love the dirt on his chin and the peace signs that they picked up from her. Abbie kept calling her "Japan girl" for the first two days before she remembered how to say her name. We took a walking tour of Paramount Studios while she was here. We got to walk around the sets of "Monk" and "Glee" and the kids took a break with the tour guide on the Forrest Gump bench:
Kayla starts going to Young Women's at church next Sunday since she turns 12 on the first day of school. I can't believe she's so old so quickly! She took a babysitting course at the Parks & Rec. at the beginning of summer and has become quite practiced at it already. She has several moms already calling her pretty regularly, and she helps me out quite a bit now that I'm busy with Relief Society stuff. Here's Kayla with Michiko when we were on the bus headed to Universal Studios:

Happy Birthday Kayla! Try not to grow up too fast, 'cause you're making the rest of us look even older. :) Love you sweetheart! Mhwah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abbie, can I be in your fan club? I love you so much and really would it.

Kayla,HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...have lots of fun on your birthday and in Young Womens.

Love to all

Auntie P