Monday, December 15, 2008

A Dream of a Birthday

Thirteen years ago my brother-in-law Drake got one of the best birthday presents I can ever imagine - his daughter Mikale. Mikale is an only child and keeps a schedule that five kids would find challenging, but she handles it all beautifully and has managed to become a warm, loving and FUNNY young lady in the meantime.

I still remember getting the call at work that she had been born. They didn't even let me know that Cheri had gone into labor, so the echo of me yelling "WHAT?! WHEN?!" must have scared my co-workers just a little bit. I was ready to pack up and call it a day right then and there, but Mom convinced me that she'd still be there after work too. The rest of the day was a blur, up until the point where I arrived at the hospital and got to see her. So tiny and cute. Now she's almost as tall as me and even cuter.

If I was a millionaire, here's how I'd have Mikale (who I call "Kali Mela" short for "Mikale Carmela") celebrate her birthday. Alas, I'm not, so we'll just have to pretend:



Happy Birthday Mikale and Drake!! We love you both!!

-Kristy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that. I want one for my 65 birthday 5 yrs from now so start saving your dollars.

P