I haven't blogged in forever because I now have Tendonitis in both hands. A month before I left California my wrists started to hurt. I thought I had hurt them working out or something. When I got back to Germany I went to the doctor and found out I had Tendonitis from using the computer too much. While I was in California I had to do a ton of FRG (Family Readiness Group) emails for the spouses associated with Jason's troop. I asked the doctor what I needed to do to get rid of the pain. He replied, "Don't use your hands for a month". HA, HA, HA! Yeah right! This is the month before the guys return and emails tripled not to mention putting together care packages, decorating the Troop Headquarters and Barracks, putting sheets on the single soldiers beds, getting my own house in order, and the fact that I am a "single" parent of two small children that still needed to be lifted up and carried often. The doc sent me to physical therapy and made me some really uncomfortable plastic thumb splints that I hate with a passion not usually reserved for little inanimate plastic bits of nothing. Oh, and they are also a fabulous new fashion statement for me, don't hold your breath waiting for pictures. Once I don't need them anymore I will probably burn them in celebration.
As for the title of this
I found a really beautiful 'china hutch' type thing. It is spanish style and very subtle. I love it and had to share it with someone so here is a picture! I have put all my polish pottery inside. It is a nice place to store it all. You can see my pottery just a little without having to stare at it all day.
I spent a little more than I had wanted but did get them to take 130.00 dollars off the price and then got free delivery that usually costs 250.00 euro. When the lady mentioned that it was a really hard wood and will move well, I was sold. (Jason has banned me from buying anything at IKEA since every time we move the IKEA stuff gets trashed. Translation into 'Natalie Speak', "You can buy lots of real wood german furniture instead!") I was afraid Jason wouldn't be as thrilled as I was with the purchase so I sent him an email telling him about the piece. I told him that it was my "you did a good job as FRG Leader even though they made you cry a lot" present from him:)
The past month was a really hard one in dealing with FRG issues. The wives of my husband's troopers were great and very supportive of the things we did for the single soldiers. Unfortunately I had a million things to do and there were some issues with other parts of the FRG 'chain of command'. They were stressed and it came out a little vicious at times. It got so bad that I was crying a lot and Jason gave me his support to quit as the leader. I am purely a volunteer and he said that if they are going to be rude to their volunteers they will lose them. I didn't end up quitting because I hated the thought of being a quitter. Perhaps not the best reason to stay but it worked out ok. Anyways, the point of telling you all that is so you can see that I really really deserve 5 expensive "you did a good job as FRG Leader even though they made you cry a lot" gifts from Jason! What a lucky guy he is that I am settling on only one or two:)
That's about it for me. Jason comes home sometime soon. I wouldn't tell you when he was coming home even if I knew. Which I don't, so don't ask:) (Puts his flight at risk with the terrorists). The man has Top Secret clearance and you can all rest at ease that he knows how to keep a secret. Hasn't told me a dang thing. I will get a call a few hours before he arrives.
Hopefully my next blog will have pictures of Jason hugging the kids! Hope you are all doing well and have a Happy Halloween.
Love, Natalie
No comments:
Post a Comment