So... I've been visiting some friend's blogs that are SO CUTE and I just had to figure out how to do it. It'll take a little getting used to, but I think I like it so far. Just don't be surprised if it looks totally different next time you see it.
This last weekend was a whirlwind of activity. We were sealed in the temple on Friday, had a Luke reunion with the cousins in Bakersfield on Saturday, and all the kids were blessed in church on Sunday. I think I was comatose Monday and most of Tuesday because it's all a blur when I try to remember anything.
As usual, pictures will be forthcoming since the camera is never near when the blogging mood strikes.
A couple of funny highlights from the last week:
- As the kids were ushered into the sealing room, Abbie came running up to me (all dressed in my temple clothes), looked into my face and said "What are you Mom?" with innocent curiosity. My answer "I'm a pretty princess" seemed to satisfy her.
- Abbie sat quietly through her blessing by Grandpa Craig and then shook everyone's hand that helped, some even twice she was enjoying it so much. She then came running back to me on the row and declared "I got blessed!"
- Tonight Abbie bit Matt on the leg. As the sounds of my children screaming their distress rose up to the second floor I happened to see a picture on my computer that said "Our Home is a Heaven on Earth". I'd add a disclaimer at the bottom of our sign that read "Optimum Heaven on Earth reached during bedtime hours and the occasional nap time."
2 comments:
I so enjoy this family blog. I kind of like the family to. Post often we love to hear all about you.
Auntie p
Hello California Halladay's. I REALLY like the new look of your blog, so homey and cheery. I know I can't spell, so sue me. Just wanted to drop a note to pass along the love and prayers that I find myself saying for you all. I hear that EMHD is conisidering an application on your behalf. I will pray harder! He hears and answers us!! Be well y'all, Chris
Post a Comment