I was babysitting a friend's 4-year-old the other evening, and we were watching Power Rangers. I made some comment that started with "When I was a kid..." and he looked at me with a startled expression and said "You used to be a kid?". "Yep" I replied. He thought about that for a second then said "Wait... was I there?". I tried not to laugh too hard since his question was in such earnest.
No, I haven't been a kid for a while, but I feel I should be wearing this t-shirt that I saw the other day that says "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult". Case in point - we're going to be babysitting a friend's dog while they're on a cruise which means staying overnight at their place. He's the head Internet Technology guy for the owner of this ranch (where they film The Biggest Loser TV show), so they're living in one of the condos there while their house in Texas is finished being built. We got codes for the gate and instructions on the dog and etiquette lessons about being around $2 million dollar horses, etc. and I started feeling like I was 14 and babysitting alone for the first time. I actually had her write down her parent's number in case of an emergency! I try so hard to act my age but it's so hard when you're starting at a goofball level! :)
In other news...
The house plans FINALLY got approved by the city. We've just got to pay the school fees and pick a contractor and we can start clearing and rebuilding again. Woo hoo!
Mom and Dad are filling their time before they leave for the MTC with last minute errands, talking with Natalie on Skype, and watching UCLA basketball games. They give their farewell talks in church on Feb. 11th, report to the Stake on Feb. 18th, then fly out of LAX on Mar. 3rd. Mom starts getting misty-eyed every time we start talking about the departure date which starts me and Cheri going too, so we try not to discuss it too often.
Shaun's been SUPER busy with tons of different projects, but he really enjoys them all. They deal with all different industries (manufacturing, cell phones, finance/leasing, filming and editing) so it keeps it interesting for him and he's meeting all sorts of nice people along the way. I've started working with him on a part-time basis and just try to help out where I can. So far he's had me painting office walls, digitizing film tapes for him to edit, and I even cleaned out the popcorn machine once. What a task master! :)
Anyways, that's about it for now. Hopefully I'll have some neat pictures from our vacation... I mean dog-sitting... to share next time. Take care!
-Kristy
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment