I'm not an addictive personality. In fact, I thought the generations of non-drinking and non-smoking ancestors I'm descended from had bred it out of me, but I'm addicted. I'm addicted and it's heriditary so I'm thinking it should be classified as a disease.
My addiction makes me lose track of time and tends to take over my thoughts. My addiction has support groups, but not to be cured. My addiction is encouraged by others who have it. I'm trying to get my husband addicted too. My addiction is genealogy.
We have a large family reunion coming up and we've been frantically trying to find every living descendant possible to alert them to it. That means that there is lots and lots and then even more new information to add for the descendants.
I was curious about it all before, and I had compiled everything that previous generations had already accomplished, but this is all new. I'm having to learn how to list sources, and that you should have correct documentation before you open your big mouth (how was I supposed to know the father wasn't the guy she was married to?). Luckily, I've got some great teachers walking me through the whole thing.
I'm hoping after the reunion it'll settle down to a 'moderation in all things' type of level, but for now, I'm really enjoying my addiction. I'm hoping I can get you addicted too.
Want to help? Check out www.lukefamilytree.com and let me know what you would change or add to the website. We're already planning on re-vamping the photo section, but would you like to see a calendar added? More links? Let me know!
-Kristy
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute krissy. You had me worried there for a minute! ;)
Post a Comment